It was my day off yesterday (Wednesday Weekend), but I did have a thought about Google Authorship. I found a recent article suggesting Google might resurrect it’s authorship ranking. I’ll write an article about that soon, as it was the starting point for 1drous.me. Spoiler Alert: I think Google couldn’t get the traction it needed with it’s original authorship tools because they relied on everyone signing up to Google+. Since it dropped authorship, Google has invested in improving Rich Snippets via Structured Data. It has focussed first on objects that will attract most interest from website managers: Products; Recipes; Reviews; Events; Software Apps; Videos; and Articles. It’s no great leap to see that People will be added so that Google can resume Authorship rankings.
Keith Taylor’s Headline News
As I completed my first website security checks this morning, I had an idea. I decided to announce my forum changes as a cost increase. Double the charge – because twice zero is still zero.
Trying to think of a sensational headline, I turned to my favourite headline checker: Emotional Marketing Value Headline Analyzer. I Googled headline checker first, as I couldn’t remember the address. That led me to Free Headline Analyzer From CoSchedule. It’s a nice tool for a second opinion, and it gave me the free gift of 180+ Power Words FOR WRITING EMOTIONAL HEADLINES. I’m not sure of the value of all of them, but it’s a useful list. Unfortunately, it’s just a list. No organisation to help find words quickly, so I might as well do that myself:
Keith Taylor’s Emotional Power Words
- Time Power Words
- announcing; breakthrough; delivered; direct; easy; emerging; hurry; immediately; introducing; it’s here; just arrived; last chance; last minute; latest; launching; lifetime; new; now; pioneering; quick; quickly; revealing; revisited; suddenly; surging; surprise; timely; urgent
- Size Power Words
- big; bonanza; colossal; complete; crammed; enormous; full; gigantic; greatest; growth; highest; huge gift; largest; liberal; limited; mammoth; monumental; outstanding; portfolio; rare; scarce; selected; sizable; soar; tremendous; ultimate; unlimited
- Quality Power Words
- amazing; approved; astonishing; attractive; authentic; beautiful; better; colorful; compromise; confidential; daring; delighted; easily; endorsed; energy; excellent; exciting; expert; fascinating; genuine; guaranteed; helpful; high tech; important; improved; informative; innovative; insider; instructive; interesting; lavishly; luxury; magic; miracle; noted; odd; practical; professional; promising; proven; quality; reliable; remarkable; revolutionary; secrets; security; sensational; simple; simplified; skill; startling; strange; strong; sturdy; successful; superior; sure fire; technology; tested; the truth about; unconditional; unique; unsurpassed; unusual; useful; wonderful
- Price Power Words
- absolutely lowest; afordable; bargain; bottom line; competitive; discount; fortune; free; profitable; reduced; refundable; reward; sale; special ofer; under priced; valuable; value; wealth
- Other Power Words
- advice; alert famous; challenge; compare; destiny; download; edge; exclusive; exploit; focus; fundamentals; how to; imagination; love; mainstream; obsession; opportunities; perspective; popular; powerful; sampler; shrewd; simplistic; special; spotlight; survival; terrific; unlock; unparalleled; wanted; weird; willpower; zinger
Hey, CoSchedule! You lied! There’s only 172 👿
There’s 2 forum posts there, to try and boost my Web Hosting Forum.
A slow day
Though I managed to get a couple of forum posts done, today was a slow day. Too many distractions, and still no proper scheduled daily admin routine. Back to work tomorrow after my Wednesday/Thursday ‘weekend’ – and this journal posted late!