Economics of Credible Controlled Diversity is not aimed at any specific audience. I’m collecting my thoughts about earning whilst learning. Specifically, I’m putting a new spin on Controlled Diversity At Last.
My primary purpose is building a learning network. If money wasn’t an issue, I’d focus purely on that, and forget about revenue generation. Or, make revenue for worthy causes. But, making money online is important to me for three reasons:
- I need to have enough money to live.
- I want to show people that it is possible to earn money online as a real alternative to daily commuting.
- I want to prove my own credibility.
Economic Diversity Online
Most of us work a single job. Some people take an extra job to top-up their earnings. There is also a crofting tradition of having several income sources that vary through the year. That third option is the type I prefer:
- It’s most in keeping with my philosophy. Do what you enjoy, then find a way to make income from it.
- It shows the strength of diversity. If one income stream fails, diversity gives more opportunity to fill the gap.
So, most of my recent musings here have focused on diversity. But, I’ve put website traffic growth far ahead of monetization. So far ahead, that there’s a risk I could fail to retain my current financial independence.
I need to reformulate my priorities. I’m happy living on little. But, it does make it difficult to show that online working is a respectable way to earn money. I need to give more time to economic growth. It’s too early for specific growth plans at the moment. That can be a job for someone who likes financial planning. My less-structured way is to allocate about one-third of my time growing income. I’ll also devote one-third to maintenance time. That leaves a final third of my time for audience growth.
Economics of Credible Controlled Diversity
So, it’s time to change daily routines to reflect my new time division.
I’ve already improved maintenance scheduling. I need to enhance my daily schedule to become:
- Process login security records.
- Complete 2-3 security and quality checks. Quality check to include Adsense traffic and revenue (28 day comparison).
- Promote any falling AdSense Estimated Earnings sites (7 day comparison).
- Promote lowest AdSense Estimated Earnings website (7 day comparison).
- Check Forums.
- Process Helpdesks.
- Process emails with earning opportunities.
- Promote any falling AdSense Page Views sites (7 day comparison).
- Promote lowest AdSense Estimated Page Views website (7 day comparison).
- Process emails with learning content.
- Process Next Priority from Sites Scheduler (1 review, 1 publish, 1 lowest hours).
- Process low CTR targets from Group Analysis (new procedure to define).
- Process any other email – stop email if no growth opportunities.
That looks like more than a single day’s work. I’ll run with it for a few weeks to see if it’s best to:
- Make the procedure a 2/3 day cycle.
- Or, extend the number of processes to make it a weekly cycle.
I also need to combine AdSense reporting with other income sources. Then, I can maximize diversity by seeking multiple income sources for every website.