This page is about Contacting Keith Taylor. It tells you, I prefer public messages in forums. It explains how to send private messages.
If you want to contact me on a personal matter, the best way is post a message in Keith Taylor’s community forum.
Keith Taylor Forums
My forums are:
I prefer to communicate in my forums. I also have comment boxes on many of my pages.
I’m trying to move all private messages from email to Helpdesk.
Keith Taylor Helpdesk Contact Form
The main way to use my Helpdesk is to click the orange Technical Help button that appears on all my websites. When you click that button, this form appears:
Items marked * are compulsory.
- * 1. Your email address
- If you want me to respond to you, you have to put a valid email address in this box. Your email must allow messages from keithtaylor.freshdesk.com. I cannot reply to you without this. More details about Freshdesk below.
- * 2. Short Interesting Summary Sentence
- Also known as the Subject line. When I look down my list of 30 messages, this is the first thing I see. If it’s boring, I’ll skip to the next page of 30 messages. Make your subject line a short summary of your message in a short sentence. 7 words or less is good. Single words are rarely interesting. Interest is more important than manners in the subject line.
- * 3. Your message
- Are you are asking me a question? Please make sure you provide enough information about yourself. Have you already tried to find an answer? Please tell me what you have tried, and why it didn’t work for you.
- 4. Attach a file
- This is very useful for sending me pictures. If you send files regularly, I can give you access to my Media Libraries, instead of using this form.
- 5. Take Screenshot
- This is useful if you are stuck, using one of my pages. The Screenshot helps me see exactly what you are seeing.
- * 6. Why not use the forum?
- Eventually, I will replace this with a list of common reasons for you to choose from. For now, please give me a short reason why you are using this form. As I keep saying, I prefer public messages in the forum. When I know why some messages must be private, I can make it much easier for you to send them.
- * 7. Send Feedback
- As soon as you click this button, your message is sent to me. The form will be replaced with a message telling you your form has been sent. It also notifies you that an automated email has been sent to the address you gave. If you do not receive that message, I cannot respond to you. Either you mistyped your email address, used a fake address, or your email system is blocking keithtaylor.freshdesk.com. I can help you with anything else. But if you do not get my automated confirmation, I cannot communicate with you.
If you do get my message, please read it carefully. Follow any suggestions included in the message. Check the link to your message status.
Keith Taylor’s Freshdesk Helpdesk
Freshdesk have invested heavily in state-of-the-art communications. They allow you to send me messages at any time. Even if my networks are down, Freshdesk keeps the communication lines open. I know this is also true of email. But, Freshdesk gives many more options for processing and tracking messages. It’s nearly the best option for serious communications. My forums are better.
Why public messages are better
After reading all this, you might be asking: “Why doesn’t Keith just use an email address like everyone else?”
Your answer is in the question – I’m not like everyone else. I spend my time helping people on the Internet. I help thousands of people every day. I reach out to millions of people every month. That generates a lot of messages in return. I simply do not have the time to respond to them all individually. I don’t charge for my help services. So, I cannot pay a secretary to deal with private messages. If you can suggest a better way for me to deal with private messages, please add your suggestion to my task list.